Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Revised diagnostic essay

Healing

As a kid I have read comics occasionally but have never really thought about what kind of super if one I would choose. Cyclops ability of laser vision would be fun to zap things like a gun with unlimited ammo. Being able to manipulate metal by magnetic fields would be cool just like Magneto. Even to control weather would be pretty cool like Storm because I could become the most popular weather man ever because I would always be 100% right. All of those sounded cool but Wolverine’s ability of rapid regeneration would be most suited for my personality through my passion for extreme sports, drive to serve in the Marine Corp., and my drive to want to help out around the neighborhood.
Having rapid regeneration would give me the ability to try many different things without the consequences of injuring myself. I would be able to push the limits on my body my weight lifting which is my biggest hobby. New tricks could be invented on any types of bikes or boards. My passion of cars would be able to be fulfilled by driving as fast as I wanted, on a track or in open spaces, without the fear of crashing. Sports are probably one of the most important things in life to me but serving in the military is the most important thing to me.
Serving in the military is something I would do no matter what powers or not, it doesn’t matter, but what does matter is the branch I would be going into and that would be the Marine Corp. I view the Marine Corp. as the modern Spartans of ancient Greece some tactics have changed a little but like back then the person beside you has your back. Rapid regeneration would be perfect for frontline activity and recon missions to limit unit casualties and many other advantages. I would be able to penetrate into enemy territory with minimal risk and danger to both me and to my unit. With the ability of being safe through even the toughest firefights I would do anything and everything at home to save lives.
Firefighters and police officers put their lives on the line every day. I think being a part of one of these organizations is honorable and they deserve more for what they do. This is why having this ability would be great for someone like me because I would love to help save someone from a fire without risking firefighters life. I could also us my ability and the skills that I would pick up from the Marine Corp. to help out with drug busts, robberies, hostage situations, and etc… Helping others is just in my nature and it’s just another reason that rapid regeneration fits me best.
Don’t get me wrong controlling storms and bending metal is cool but if I had only one power it would have to be rapid regeneration because it more perfectly fits what my passions in life. Like any idiot I would use extreme sports to enjoy myself so I wouldn’t go insane and become a villain. It would be perfect for my dream job as a Marine by being an unstoppable force much like they already are but I would emulate that. Having been a boy scout I have always loved helping out around the community and anything I could do for the firefighters and police officers I would. Looking back on my paper I realized I’m not much different than the comic hero Wolverine.

1 comment:

  1. What defines a villain?

    Is Magneto a villain?

    Is Professor X not a villain in the eyes of the Brotherhood?

    Cultural relativism.

    ReplyDelete